HQAL: The Dahlia Project ~ Completed

I totally surprised myself with this finish. Here is where I was at our last posting. I only shared sections of finished leaves.

I had filled in quite a few of the outer layers of leaves with just about half dozen or so to finish. Before I knew it I was creating my own bias tape for the border using the backing fabric. I cut out 4 ~ 1t yard strips ~ 2 1/2″ wide plus a bit more, sewed together, pressed down the middle, then folded both sides in to middle and pressed…homemade bias tape 🙂

View of the backing and the bias tape

And here is The Dahlia project finished

Thank you for all the encouragement. I started this in July. Six months of working on this payed off. It was slow going at times as other projects took center stage for completion but I truly loved working on this.

Not sure what I will be working on for my next project. I did buy two other panel pieces, one highlighting Utah and another highlighting Alaska and if any of my daughters are reading this I may have just given away a surprise. I also have a gorgeous tulip quilt top I picked up at out local goodwill ions ago that is very sad and begging to be finished. You may remember it:

I imagine the decision can wait till our next posting. For now wishing you good health and happiness, a lovely blessed holiday season. Stay safe and keep on hand quilting…..

Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanetteSharonKarrinGretchenDaisyConnieMonica and Sherrie